Sunday, May 3, 2015

The Cottage Cooking Club - May Recipes

Dear fellow Members of The Cottage Cooking Club:

I hope you enjoyed our April recipes - as Zosia so aptly pointed out this was a "transitional month" - spring but not quite spring yet. Now that we are at the beginning of May and therefore into our thirteenth month of preparing recipes from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall´s “River Cottage Everyday Veg” we will be preparing recipes with some fresh spring produce.

PLEASE feel feel to substitute or add fresh, local spring vegetables to the recipes - for example the Spinach spoufflé (don´t you just love that name) can also be prepared with other spring greens. The Garlicky, minty mushy peas can be prepared with either fresh or frozen peas. Or add baby spinach or even rocket (arugula) to the Pearl barley broth. Just a few ideas as I would love for you to get a bit creative this month.

Now onto the ten recipes for this month, our motto being "BE INSPIRED". Let´s see those colorful spring dishes for the month of May:

1. From the chapter "Comfort Food & Feast":
Spinach, penne and cheese spoufflé (page 43)

2. From the chapter "Hearty Salads":
Herby, peanutty, noodly salad (page 71)

3. From the chapter "Raw Assemblies":
Kohlrabi carpaccio (page 116)

4. From the chapter "Hefty Soups":
Pearl barley broth (page 160)

5. From the chapter "Bready Things":
Courgette (zucchini) bruschetta (page 200)

6. From the chapter "Store-Cupboard Suppers":
Spicy merguez oven chips with yoghurt dip (page 225)

7. From the chapter "Pasta & Rice":
Pasta with Broccoli (page 261)

8. From the chapter "Mezze & Tapas":
Cambodian wedding day dip (page 299)

9. From the chapter "Roast, Grill & Barbecue":
Griddled asparagus spears with lemon dressing (page 339)

10. From the chapter "Side Dishes":
Garlicky, minty mushy peas (page 387)


Please remember to leave a comment with your personal choice(s) by May 7th at the end of this post.

Please remember to leave a comment with the link to your blog post on the LYL post by May 28th.


BE INSPIRED! - SOYEZ INSPIRÉS! - LASST EUCH INSPIRIEREN!

18 comments:

  1. I commit to Spinach, penne, and cheese "spoufflé! I'd like to commit to more but I don't want to bite off more than I can chew:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Guyla and so very nice to have you onboard! On behalf of all the members welcome to The Cottage Cooking Club!
      Andrea

      Delete
    2. Guyla, I am making the spouffle also - please let me know the libation I should choose with it! Welcome to the CCC.

      Delete
    3. Hello Guyla! Extending a warm welcome to the Cottage Cooking Club!

      Delete
  2. I will try my best to manage all those dishes, there are a few in there - like the Spicy merguez oven chips with yoghurt dip - that I have been waiting for - I will start with that recipe this week and take it from there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Guyla!
    I'm looking forward to that spinach "spouffle" too and I'll also make the following:

    Herby, peanutty, noodly salad (page 71)
    Kohlrabi carpaccio (page 116)
    Pearl barley broth (page 160)
    Spicy merguez oven chips with yoghurt dip (page 225)
    Grilled asparagus spears with lemon dressing (page 339)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zosia, you are once agian a real trooper - nice choices for this month! Let´s see you much we like these dishes and how we can incorporate as many fresh spring produce in them as is feasable/reasonably possible!
      All the best for now and happy cooking!
      Andrea

      Delete
  4. I'm looking forward to the fries as well, Andrea! Here are my choices:

    Herby, Peanutty, Noodly Salad
    Pearled Barley Broth
    Spicy Merquez Oven Fries with Yogurt Dip
    Cambodian Wedding Day Dip
    Grilled Aspargus Spears with Lemon Dressing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathleen, just by reading your selections I get hungry (and I chose these...) seriously, wonderful recipes, all of them, thank you for letting me know - cannot wait to get started this month and see what everyone has made at the end of May.
      Andrea

      Delete
  5. Wonderful choices, Andrea. I am anxious to try the Pearled Barley Broth, Spicy Merquez Oven Fries with Yogurt Dip and Cambodian Wedding Day Dip. I also want to be a member of the Spoufflé Gang.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This month is going to be tough for home cooking. I want to make them all these delicious choices, but that's not going to be possible. I commit to make Herby, peanutty, noodly salad. If I can manage any more, I'll do it. Happy May!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Andrea and CCC members! Oh my goodness, it seems the activities of spring have put me behind my time. The recipe for May look lovely, I am still not sure on everything but the noodly salad, grilled asparagus, and spicy oven fries seem a good place to begin. Thank you Andrea for everything, and all of your monthly coordination! See you soon! And of course, on the Cottage Cooking Club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peggy, thank you for letting me know about your choices! Happy May cooking, dear friend!
      Andrea

      Delete
  8. Hi Andrea, here is my pick, sorry I am so late.......Thanks, Cheri
    Herby, peanutty, noodly salad (page 71)
    Cambodian wedding day dip (page 299)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheri, glad to see that you are participating again - hope you are feeling a bit better...
      All the best for now - nice choices btw,
      Andrea

      Delete